“What we call the beginning is often the end. And to make an end is to make a beginning. The end is where we start from.”
– T.S. Eliot
As we reflect on another trip around the sun, let’s take stock of the all of the surprises and joys 2012 had to offer:
– Felix Baumgartner leaps from the edge of space and lands safely just a few minutes later.
– The Royal Shakespeare Company collaborated with international troupes for the World Shakespeare Festival featuring 37 productions, either of or inspired by the Bard’s plays, in 37 different languages.
– People show immense compassion and prove the generosity of the human spirit post-Hurricane Sandy.
– Announcement made for a musicalisation of Pan’s Labyrinth coming to Broadway ASAP.
– Films break out into riskier territory and push the envelope with titles such as Cloud Atlas, Beasts of the Southern Wild, Looper, Les Miserables, and more
– The future is now. From DARPA’s cheetah robot which can run faster than any human, to Google View glasses hitting beta testing, to a woman being able to control a robotic arm merely using brain signals, we’re living in some incredibly fascinating times.
– Maryland, Maine, and Washington join the ranks of those states that have made equality a priority.
– No apocalypse! While many clamored on about the end times, my guess was that the Mayans were onto to something…just not what many feared. Sounds like rebirth is a rumblin’. Let’s hope 2013 allows for more awakening and understanding from all of us.
What do you hope to see in the new year? Wishing you all a beautiful new beginning.